FOOTSIES is a 2D fighting game where players can control character movement horizontally
and use one attack button to perform normal and special moves to defeat their opponent.
While the controls (and graphics) are super simple,
FOOTSIES retains the fundamental feeling of fighting game genre
where spacing, hit confirm and whiff punish are keys to achieve victory.
This is a fun little project for the fighting game community and
for own practice developing a game by myself.
I am objectively bad at art and music but that went kinda well with theme of the game.
The animation in this game are, obviously, heavily inspired by the most iconic you-know-who fighting game character.
Although I only tested this game mostly with CPU, when I actually tried this game with my friend,
we actually had a lot of fun! So, I hope that everyone try this game and have some fun as well :D
- Can now continue playing vs CPU mode until player loses three rounds
- Count and save the number of win in vs CPU mode
- Slightly improved AI
- Improved AI for vs CPU mode
- Storing input before round start so that player can hold an attack and use special move right away (and removed round start normal attack when holding the button)
- Increased guard break recovery frame by 1
- Add XInput stick support (v1.0.0 only supports d-pad)
- Reduced KO hit stop time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
- Made the post KO screen skip-able with attack button
- Expand forward/backward normal attack (Knee) hitbox downward so that it can whiff punish neutral normal attack (Kick)
- Fix main menu bug where user cannot navigate menu with keyboard/controller anymore after clicking empty space
- Fix main menu bug where mouse click does not select the menu that it is over after navigating with keyboard/controller
※You can config keys/buttons input after launching the game, although XInput can’t be set on config windows,
XInput controller should work fine in the game.
FOOTSIES for Android
- There is no health bar. The round is lost after being hit by special moves.
- There is, however, guard bar. You can block opponent attack up to three times. After that, every attack will cause guard break.
- There are two type of normal moves, neutral attack and forward/backward attack.
- There are two type of special moves which can be performed by holding and then release attack button.
One can be performed by neutral release, and forward/backward release for the other one.
- If normal moves connect with the opponent, whether on hit or block, it can be canceled into neutral special move by pressing an attack button again.
- Forward and backward dashes can be performed by pressing forward/backward twice.
- Hitbox/hurtbox/frame information can be toggle on and off by pressing F12.
- Press F1 to pause/resume the game. While pausing, pressing F2 will play the game for 1 frame.
Shoutout to @WydD and his amazing sfvsim which help me a lot during the development of this game.
Whether you like the game or not, feel free to leave some comments about your experience on my twitter
If you like the game then invite your friends to play this game too! Seeing some tournament for this game would be a dream come true for me.
Finally, if you really really like this game so much and really want to support me, then you can do so here.